Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Christmas Star

If you've heard the story of the birth of Jesus of Nazareth you've almost certainly heard of the star which guided the three wise men to Jesus. Here is a great link about The Christmas Star.

Let me answer a question that you may have for me, "do you believe that story?"

The more I study, the deeper I get an understanding of the nearly infinitely larger macrocosmos and the seemingly equally infinite microcosmos the more I believe in God. Not just "a" god but the God written about in the Bible used by Christians and the older writings used in the Jewish religion. Oh, I believe that a lot of the stories in there are inadequate expressions of older generations who failed to completely understand, as we do, the fullness of their experience.

In every way that I examine our existence I see less likelihood that we "just happened". Intelligent design is the buzzword today for creation. I think more than anything my thoughts are affirmed in science which gives me faith. If you study quantum physics and master the understanding of the increasingly small and if you study the heavens and explore the increasingly large I believe it is impossible to not question how it all happened which ultimately leads to the question of why it all happened.

No comments: